Saturday, October 12, 2013

Made it to Bangkok

After leaving Cleveland at 4pm on Friday,  I arrived in Bangkok at 6am Sunday morning.  (Cleveland--Chicago--Brussels--Bangkok). Having a lay flat business class seat made it bearable. 

The airport was not crowded and immigration was a breeze. Grabbed some Thai Bhat from the ATM, got a taxi and showed the driver the directions to the hotel which where written in Thai, and prayed that he would get me safely to the Ariyasomvilla located in the Sukhumvit area of Bangkok.

After dodging many stray dogs, motorcycles, and other cars, we made it to the hotel.  It is a small boutique place I found on Tripadvisor and it is just as amazing as the reviews.    Go take a look!  I am here for two nights, then heading to Bhutan for twelve nights, and back here for two more nights.

Today I am just going to chillax, get a massage and go to the pool.  Tomorrow, a local tour guide is meeting me at the hotel at 8am and he is taking me to all the places on my must see list.  Then, at 6:15pm I am meeting the other 5 ladies, who are traveling to Bhutan, for dinner.  

(attached are pics from breakfast and my room)


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad your flight went so well and that you made it to your hotel. I can't wait to hear about this trip of a lifetime. Enjoy!,

    ReplyDelete