Sunday, October 27, 2013

A little piece of paradise in Bangkok

Flew into Bangkok late last night from Bhutan and came back to the small boutique hotel I stayed at a few weeks ago, the Ariyasomvilla.   I feel like I am at a Thailand beach rather than in the middle of a city.

I had a Thai massage at the hotel spa and am now hanging at the pool drinking a pretty blue cocktail.  

The massage was really cool. You are dressed in a light cotton loose fitting shirt and pants.  The massage is done on a comfortable mat on the ground of an open air structure with a high ceiling and fans overlooking the gardens and pool. The massage is a combination of acupressure and stretching.  I loved it so much I made an appointment for a 2 hour massage tomorrow!  

My plan is to skip the craziness of Bangkok and hang here at the Ariyasomvilla until late tomorrow night when I catch a 1:00am flight back to Cleveland via Japan and Chicago.

Cheers! 

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to remain relaxed for your trip home. Have a safe flight home.

    ReplyDelete