Friday, July 3, 2015

Off Day

High above the Mara River I think I am looking over the border into Kenya.  The winds are picking up, a refreshing breeze blows around me, through me. The clouds give way to sun, then more clouds overtake.  The blue and white skies above the northern Serengeti plains in constant flux. 

The migration has not arrived at Sayari. We are waiting, wondering, when, if.  Those who have not seen it are impatient, leaving early in the morning and frantically driving south to find it. Others that have seen it are contemplating what it would mean to see it again, what if it would pass right in our path once again.

My intentional day off has given me a chance to reflect, regroup, breathe.  Soaking in all that is around me, not wanting to forget, though know these feelings will fade as time passes.  Written words and pictures are sure to evoke memories, snapshots in time.  Treasuring that this trip was shared with a forever friend; knowing that we will relive these moments in days to come. Absolutely sure my first time in Africa will have lasting effects on future directions and decisions in my life.  



No comments:

Post a Comment