Friday, June 7, 2013

San Diego

Traveling to San Diego for business, a conference.  The security line at CLE was crazy crowded this morning, worse than I have ever seen it..flight was CLE to Houston to San Diego.  Talked briefly to this nice guy on the flight from Houston to San Diego...found out when we were disembarking the plane it was Drew Brees, QB for the New Orleans Saints.  I am not a big sports fan so I didn't recognize him...just a nice guy on the plane who lives in San Diego. 

What a beautiful city!  I am spending 6 nights here and plan on taking advantage of all my free time and experiencing the city.  Dropped my luggage at the Omni and spent the rest of the day walking around the historic Gaslamp Quarter.  Lots of restaurants and stores catering to tourists and locals.  It is really nice to see so much outdoor dining and a variety of cuisines.  A large number of people actually live in this part of town so it is a nice mix.  Mussels, fish tacos and Caymus Conundrum for dinner; a bubble bath, and off to bed early...I don't do well with time changes.  Check back tomorrow...going to the Museum of Man in Balboa Park to view the special exhibit "Instruments of Torture"!

No comments:

Post a Comment